Strancally Tower

This tower is part of the Strancally Castle Estate. Strancally Castle was built in approximately 1830, to the design of James and George Richard Pain and stands on the River Blackwater close to Youghal. It stands in front of the original ruin of a Desmond castle, which contained an infamous murdering hole, which dispatched those who incurred the wrath of a Desmond to the river below.

Photo info

Random image


Popular tags